Q: How can I benefit from teambuilding?
A: Participants may benefit from teambuilding process in multiple ways.
- Exchange of knowhow
- New impulses for product and service development
- Recruiting of capabilities that the existing team lacks (e.g. developers)
- Teaming up with usual/potential target groups in order to get insights on customer needs (e.g. developers with farmers)
BYOB – Bring your own buddies
On top of that, it is possible to bring already established partners to KATANA as only 1 team member needs to be a KATANA beneficiary
Q1: What if I have a product or service idea that does not seem to fit for a crowdfunding process?
A: Launching a reward crowdfunding campaign is not that simple – which is why beneficiaries will be prepared thoroughly for the campaigns by KATANA partners and dedicated experts. Main workshops at the KATANA Bootcamp will focus on:
- How to set the right incentives for a specific product or service (possible incentives might include pens, T-Shirts, discounts, licences, company visits, etc.)
- How to address potential donors
- How to tailor communication efforts to potential donors needs
- How to design an attractive campaign in the three focus fields of KATANA
Q2: How shall I attract potential donors to the crowdfunding platform?
A: The whole KATANA consortium will support the teams in the communication of the crowdfunding platforms, e.g. in the social media or via events. Also, it is important to know that:
- Specific promotion techniques will be taught at the Bootcamp (see above)
- Beneficiaries will prepare their campaigns in close cooperation with KATANA partners
- No maximum for funds will be set
- A minimum of funds can be set by beneficiaries
- The best teams will be selected always in relation to their direct competitors from the same KATANA focus field i.e. PA Services, Mobile Services, Functional Foods
- There will be no threshold meaning that even a team that received the amount of 15€ can be awarded if this amount is the highest in the group.
IPR and Publication of ideas
Q: Do I have to share my ideas and make them public?
A: Participants are not requested nor expected to disclose their ideas in the pitch videos. However:
- It is normal that any start-up, entrepreneur or company needs to disclose their ideas or plans as soon as they request funding. This goes also for the Matchmaking events.
- In the project teams that are formed during the Matchmaking process, will be free to set up internal contracts regarding IPR
- Here, KATANA team can support
Existing products and services
Q: What about my already existing products and services?
A: KATANA allows already established companies and start-ups to develop new products and services, but also to:
- Refine already existing products
- Develop the existing product portfolio further
- Develop new distribution channels for products – e.g. by the development of an online shop
- Adjust products for other markets and/or target groups